Kaiser Karl - The Life of Karl Lagerfeld
On the last morning of his life, Karl Lagerfeld's only companion was Sébastien, his bodyguard and right-hand man. The king of fashion insisted on being cremated, along with his universally recognizable 'gear' — the dark glasses and high, starched-collar that served as a bastion for his secrets. It is only now that witnesses have begun to talk. Thus emerges the story of Karl Lagerfeld: his father's past in the heart of wartime Germany, his rivalry with Yves Saint Laurent (enflamed by his only love, Jacques de Bascher), and the networks he forged with the biggest luxury manufacturers in the world as he compiled his vast fortune. Truly an unparalleled icon in the history of fashion, Lagerfeld's legacy lives on today in this luxurious hardback book.
- An intimate and well-documented biography of Karl Lagerfeld, ex-creative director of Chanel and international fashion icon
- Reveals the man behind the mask: the great couturier, the adorer of women, the unrepentant provocateur
- A huge bestseller in France
- Worldwide publication in English to mark the first anniversary of Lagerfeld's death
- A luxurious hardback, finished with quarter-bound cloth and containing a picture section
- Published by ACC Art Books
- Written by Raphaëlle Bacqué
- 256 pages
- Illustrations: 12 black and white
Size: 6" x 8.75"
Returns: Learn about our return policy.